Is Mayse Farm Market the place for you?
Our farm has many unique seasons. Since we are a seasonal farm, we are only open from end of April through October 31st. We have two major rounds of hiring: in April for our spring and summer seasons and later in the summer for our fall season. We appreciate anyone who is able to work through all three of our seasons, but we do not require that you work through them all. We accept a wide variety of applications for employments through all of our seasons!
We are a working fruit and vegetable farm. In the spring we offer our greenhouse tomatoes, homegrown tomatoes, and flowers. In the summer we offer our homegrown sweet corn, local/southern peaches, local blueberries, sunflower festivities, and other summer produce. And in the fall we offer family fun on the farm with pumpkin picking, playground area, and more. The fall season focuses on making sure our guests have a great time on our property. We have many different positions available during the fall! If any of these sound like fun, then we are the place for you!
We have a variety of jobs including working as a cashier, stocking produce, and working in our bakery. Other job details may include assisting in the greenhouses, watering flowers in the spring, and assisting whereas needed in or outside of our market. Our market is fast pace so we appreciate applicates who know how to work hard and can work effectively/efficiently.
Customer service is our number one priority at all times. If you are a fun, energetic individual who loves being around people, then this job is for you! Because we have been in business since 1976, we have many loyal customers who continue to return year after year. We need people who are truly excited to be working for Mayse Farm Market amd to uphold great customer service.
Spring/Summer Positions (April through end of summer)
Positions start with the beginning of our greenhouse tomatoes and flower season around the end of April. Most employees work 3-4 days or 4-5 days per week during these seasons. Our spring through summer positions are needed during big holidays. A valid driver’s license is not required; however, you must have a reliable ride to work.
Summer positions available: Retail Cashier/Produce Stocker, and Assistant Bakers
Fall Positions September 23rd through Oct 29th
Positions start September and run until the end of our season on October 30th. If applying for weekend-only positions, you must have open availability. Applicants with the most open availability will be given first priority. Our season is only a little over a month long, so any scheduling conflicts for weekends-only positions will count against you. A valid driver’s license is not required; however, you must have a reliable ride to work.
APPLY HERE TO WORK AT MAYSE!
Mayse Farm Market is a family owned and operated farm market located in Evansville, IN. We pride ourselves on being able to offer the tri-state homegrown fresh produce from our fields to your table; as well as providing fun family agri-tainment in the fall. We are open from spring through fall and are always looking for those who have a positive attitude and great work ethic to join our team! Apply today!
• Store discounts
If you love to bake, then this position is for you! If you are not familiar with commercial baking, don't worry, we can teach you!! Our bakery is fast pace and we pride ourselves on being able to offer quality pies, cookies, breads, and more!
- Professional baking experience preferred, but is not required as we offer training.
• Must be able to stand and work a shift of 8+ hours a day
• Must be able to load and unload oven and/or proofer, as well as package items
• Experience in using scales, measuring utensils preferred
• Must be a self-starter and willing to learn
• Must be able to work in a face paced environment
• Must be able to comply with sanitation and cleaning protocols everyday - clean as you go culture
• Able to communicate and work effectively with all employees
• Working holidays and weekends is frequently required
• Must have transportation to and from work
• Must be 16 years or older to apply
• Store discounts
• Training starts ASAP
• Commit to working May through end of summer, and fall if possible!
- Maintain safety first and alertness to your surroundings
- Upbeat, friendly individuals with excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Service driven, with the ability to put others first
- Flexible with their schedules
- Able to perform other tasks as assigned
- Willing to stand for the majority of shift
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be 16+ years
- Pay - TBD
- Store discounts
- Complimentary lunch meal each Saturday and Sunday shift.